Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

This Mother's Day I was somewhat dreading. I wasn't sure how I would handle it with my mom being gone. We went to church where my kids were so wonderful (I am saying that very sarcastically). Afterwards went went to the cemetery to visit the plot. The headstone is not in yet so it was a little strange looking at dirt with flowers on it. It was pretty crazy all the people that have full on picnics at the cemetery. There were people with lawn chairs and canopies hanging out. I was glad we went. We had to explain to Jenna that the casket that grandma was in was now in the ground. I think she thought it would still be there where she could see it. It is a hard concept to understand. Briauna just kept saying," grandma's sleeping". Jenna left a flower she made it primary for grandma.
The boys did fine. We did walk around a bit and they were amazed at all of the children that passed away and at their tiny headstone.

Briauna was having fun running around.


We left some fake flower hoping that they would last a while. I am excited for the plot to be placed. It is so hard to believe that she is gone. I think of her a lot and miss her so much.

No comments: