Monday, September 12, 2011

North Carolina 2011: Part 3

On Wednesday of the trip we went to Kitty Hawk to go to the Wright Brothers Museum. I had no idea that this was were the first flight took place. Before we left I wanted to attempt some pictures to update my wall. Garrett 14

Lance 12
Caleb 10

Jenna 6 1/2

Briauna 4


This is a picture of us driving on the beach to get to town. It still seems wierd to drive on the beach.

This picture was taken right at the entrance to the beach.

This is the monument at the top of the hill.




We first went into the museum and looked aroung and then went out side to see the markers of the flight.



This is a replica of their living quarters. Garrett of course thought this was so cool. He loves history.Seeing all of the information about the Wright Brother made me really admire them. I am sure many made fun of them adn thought they were crazy. But look at where we are now because they showed that flight was possible.


This is part of the rail that the wheel was on.

These are the markers of the flights.

We decided to walk to the monument. It was quite a walk and was very windy at the top.



A family picture at the top.

The kids

Garrett was being silly and wanted a picture with the statues.

The view



Ths was behind the hill and I thought it was pretty neat.

I am such a tourist. I loved to take picture of the area. These are of the drive back toward Corolla, the town we stayed in.




No comments: