Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Break

Spring Break was a well needed break for us all. The boys really were tired of school and I was tired of getting them up in the morning for school. They are so good and get ready mostly themselves but I need to make sure before they leave. With that said we were all excited for a week off. Monday and Tuesday we spent several hours outside at the park and riding bikes. I love that my kids enjoy being outside. They play enough computer and PlayStation as it is so when they want to be outside we do it. Wednesday Garrett got sick and then later in the afternoon I go it as well. This lasted until Friday night. So much for having a fun Spring Break. I felt so awful and had no energy to do anything. They did great and were very helpful. I felt bad they did not get to do much. We did go to my mom's house on Friday afternoon and John came home early to help. Saturday I felt great and wanted to do something fun with the kids to try and make up for the week of illness. We decided to hit a few festival downtown. First we went to the Aloha Festival. It was fun but crowded. We saw dancers and lots of shops. We walked around for a while then left.
John and I were a little crazy and decided to walk to the St. Patrick's Day Faire at the deck park over the I-10. Our car was pretty close to it so we thought it would be easy to get to on the way back.It wasn't too far but Lance and Caleb kept needing encouragement to keep moving.

The St. Patrick's Day Faire was fun. There was a park gated in the festival so when I fed Briauna they played. Jenna and Garrett got to participate in a little show they had. It was so cute watching Garrett help her. She said she liked it and did not want to leave. It was a good day and they were very tired when we got home 4hrs later.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

so fun! you guys are so good to go out and get some culture! loved all the pictures! briauna is getting so big! it's so fun to see such a tiny little girl holding her head up and looking around! :)