Friday, November 14, 2008

Thank you Oprah!

I turned on Oprah on Wednesday to see what it was about and boy am I happy. They were doing a show about decluttering, I think. Well anyways I happen to see the part showing you how you could help get rid of kids projects that you are saving to help organize your house. You can scan or take digital pictures of them and make them into a book. Snapfish.com was letting you do a book for FREE for the next 48hrs. I was so excited and decided to try it out. I stayed up way too late deciding what to make my book of. I do have five kids and a lot of pictures and projects I have been saving. I have made books before online but not of kids projects. I did one for Caleb's projects from preschool through 1st grade. I knew where all of his saved stuff was so it wasn't to hard. It worked great and I am so excited to get my book. I had to pay for shipping but that is fine by me. I have already gained quite a bit of room where I was storing them. I am on a roll and can't wait to do books for the rest of the kids. I love technology and the Internet.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

artscow.com is having a similar deal with photo books. I have some credits for free photobooks if you are interested... I can't figure out what to do with them yet so you are welcome to them.

It is a great idea. I need to remember that when my kids are in school and avoid the clutter all together :o)

Grace ~and~Shane said...

That is sweet...I am still holding on to stuff of Liberty good thing I took a look at your blog....I still with in the 48 hour widow. I think I will put some stuff out right now. Hope all is well...

Grace ~and~Shane said...

Thanks for the update...I got mine done tonight.

Natalie said...

I had done one of those on Kodak for my mother in law before and liked how it turned out. I'm glad I did it this time and I think I'll really like it. I just wish it hadn't been so frustrating. I had the worst headache when I was done. :/ That's really great that they extended the finishing deadline. I wanted mine done and over with. I'm glad you posted it. I probably wouldn't have gone through with it! :)

Brittney said...

Man I wish I would of seen that show. Both Nick and I have major problems when it comes to getting rid of stuff. TOO MUCH CLUTTER! That is a really good idea. I saw the idea on Pinching your Pennies and ended up doing a book for my grandma. Christmas Early!