Friday, November 13, 2009

The Fight

My Caleb is such a goof ball. He loves to joke around and antagonize his siblings. I feel he does this because he is the youngest of the 3 boys. He is also very tough and can stand up for himself. My friend called me to tell me something her son had told her on their way home from school. The first thing she said was," Did you know Caleb got in a fight at school?" I said no and asked what happened. I guess the story goes that there is a new kid that had been bullying Caleb for a few days. He would hit him, trip him, and so on. They were in library when the fight happened. The boy kept slapping him in the face and then running off. Then when he tripped Caleb that drew the line. Caleb snapped and punched him in the stomach. My friend laughed and said," He picked on the wrong person. Caleb can defend himself just fine." The funniest part of this story was when the bully tried to tell on Caleb the library lady told him not to tattle and to sit down.

After I was done talking to her I asked Caleb what had happened. At first he tried to play it off as if he didn't know what I was talking about. Once I told him I knew and was not mad he told me the story. He grinned a little when he told me he punched him. Now I don't like him fighting but I am glad he will stand up for himself. I have since asked him if the boy has bothered him again and he said." No, he is nice to me now."

No comments: