Thursday, February 18, 2010

In Loving Memory of my Mom

Pamela Elison Reeves
June 16, 1947 - February 10, 2010
Yesterday was my mom funeral. My mom was an amazing woman. She has taught me so much and has helped me become the person I am today. She has shown me and my family so much love and kindness. Our life will not be the same without her. I still have a hard time with the idea of her being gone. She has battled cancer for 17months and fought a good fight. The funeral was beautiful and so many friends old and new came to show support and pay tribute. I cannot even begin to express my great sadness for her loss. I know she is in a better place and no longer has so suffer but it is still hard. John and I made a video of pictures of her and it was so fun but also sad in seeing the great mom I no longer had the opportunity to be with. I am so grateful I was blessed with a wonderful mom and I look forward to seeing her again.







She loved my kids so much. She did so much for them.


My parents have been married almost 43years.
My mom will be greatly missed.

14 comments:

Shawna said...

Such beautiful photos. I thought you look so much like your mom but then i saw the photos of your dad. I think you're a good mix of both. Your mom is beautiful. I've been thinking of you. let me know if you need anything!

Amie said...

Aww I didn't even know her and I'm crying! I'm so sorry for you and your family. She looked like a beautiful person, inside and out. I'm gonna go call my mom now.

Grace ~and~Shane said...

So glad that you posted such beautiful pictures. What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful wife and mother.You are a great mix of both. That makes you a beautiful mother and wife. Your right you were very blessed with a mother that loved and worried about you. She was differently beautiful on the outside and truly had a loving heart of giving. And she had such a beautiful spirit about. So glad we got the honor of calling her Grandma Pam. Thank you for sharing her with us.I am sure your dad did his share of worrying likewise your mother was just a little more verbal about telling you she worried about you. Give your father our love I am sure he is doing his best to move forward at this difficult time. I think of you often my friend.

Love you

Grandma Carla said...

What a great tribute to a wonderful woman. She raised some very special children too. Thank you for sharing.

Jill said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mom. I'm so sorry for your loss and want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

The Bundy Family said...

Beautiful post. I am so sorry for your loss. She must have been an amazing woman to be called home. Take care! We miss seeing your family.
Love, LIsa

Lorie said...

I am so so sorry. You and your family with be in my thoughts and prayers!

Natalie said...

It really was a beautiful tribute to your mom and her life and legacy. I loved hearing so much about her. I hope you and your family are being blessed with comfort at this time. Please call me anytime!!! I miss talking with you!

Amy said...

Stephanie, I heard through my Mom, that your Mom had passed away. I have not been able to stop thinking about you, despite the fact we have not seen each other in years. I cannot fathom how difficult this has been for you. I know you shared a close relationship with her and that will it will be hard to not have her here with you. I will pray that you will be sustained in your knowledge of Heavenly Father's plan and comforted by His Spirit. You are in our prayers.
Love, Amy Macdonald Phippen

Wooden's said...

so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful post. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Erin said...

Steph, this was a beautiful post, thank you for sharing it :) I love you.

Jill said...

Stephanie,
I am so sorry for your loss.

What beautiful pictures and wonderful memories.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lani said...

Thanks for sharing a little of your mom with us. She was a beautiful woman who raised a great daughter!

Sarah said...

Your mom was a great lady. She was a fantastic influence on me as a preteen. She always made me feel welcome and important. I'm sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.