Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Goodbye Max

Yesterday I woke up to let our dogs out of the kennel and our 10yr old dog Max had died. I knew he was getting old but really had not thought about what it would be like when he actually died. He frustrated me sometimes and sometime I felt bad about not paying much attention to him but the thought of him not being around was so sad. I always felt safe and knew the would protect my home. The boys were really sad especially Garrett. We have had Max since Garrett was a baby. He is a sensitive kid already but dealing with death is very hard on him. I really feel bad for our other dog Maggie. She looks so lost and lonely. We told the kids they had to pay special attention to her so she won't be so sad. I think it is a good thing for the kids to experience because it would really hard if a friend or relative they were close to died. Today they are doing better but it is strange not having Max around.

No comments: