Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Changing Rooms

This post involves two stories.

Story #1

We have 5 bedroom house which 4 rooms are used for sleeping. Jenna and Briauna share a room and Caleb and Lance share. Garrett has his own since he is the oldest and his room is the smallest. On Sunday the boys were fighting and part of it was because Lance went into Garrett's room. Garrett got really upset. Garrett has been told that it is a privilege to have his own room and that it could be taken away. I was done and decided that the boys needed to get along better so more togetherness might help. We don't want them to go to their room and shut the other siblings out because they don't want to deal with them. We move Garrett's bed into Lance and Caleb's room. You have to understand that there room is really big so they had plenty of room for him. Garrett was so upset and Lance and Caleb were so excited to have him in there. After some thought I felt bad for really only punishing Garrett and that they all needed equal punishment so we told Garrett we would move him back. He decided that he would try it for a week to see how it was. Jenna of course could not be left out and wanted to sleep in there as well. So for the last 2 nights 4 of the kids have slept in 1 room. I guess I didn't need all of those rooms after all.





Story #2

As I said earlier Jenna and Briauna share a room. Briauna was in our room for about 10 months. Jenna wanted to help her and climbed into her crib so Briauna's safety we kept her with us until she could stand. Last week Jenna informed me that she did not Briauna in her room anymore and that I needed to move the crib back in my room. I told her no and that it was Briauna's room as well. She then said,"Well I will be loud and Briauna won't be able to sleep so don't put her in there tonight. " John and I think that Jenna is again struggling with jealousy and sharing especially now since Briauna is getting older and able to do more. It is always interesting the ideas they come up with.

6 comments:

Lorie said...

I love the cute Fall look of your blog!

The whole sharing room thing is tough! Right now the girls share a room and the boy has his own...but the baby is such a bad sleeper that I have debated putting the older two together.

We just need like a thousand rooms and it wouldn't be a problem!

Charlene said...

I am so excited that you found my blog. I can't believe how grown up your kids are, especially Garrett. I remember what a cute baby he was :)

Jill said...

I have the same number of rooms, and the three older kids sleep in the same room. I always think we could probably get away with a 2 bedroom house:) I think they will like being together.

Grandma Carla said...

I think you have found a solution to world peace! Just put all world leaders into a room until they can all get along. Way to go. Absolutely love your blog.

Stacy said...

that's funny. I guess it is a family thing considering you slept with Scott, then I with you... even when we were teenagers (so I could get out of making my bed), Blake and Brooke, then Brooke and Kyle, SO it just makes sense that all your crib-less children would end up in the same room together.
I wonder how long it will take until they all end up on Garrett's bed, You have to get a picture of that :o)

Grace ~and~Shane said...

I love it....I guess you now have a guest room for us when we come to visit!!! That is just perfect. No worries for us. :) I just notice we picked the same fall backgroud....great minds think alike.