Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Day Off

Yesterday John and the boys were off and I wanted it to be a day with fun. First thing we did was went on a hike with my friend up the South Mountain. I had no idea all the different trails that there are from various starting points. We started at 43rd and Estrella. It was a beautiful day to be out and the boys loved it. John and I borrowed out friends Ergo carriers so he carried Jenna and I carried Briauna. I am so out of share it is just wrong. I didn't go up the whole way, wimpy I know. One reason was because I was kinda tired and worried about my footing with Briauna on my back and two was I am not a fan of heights especially with a small path on a mountain. It was amazing how far up the hiked and how loud they were coming down. I will do it next time knowing everyone was safe and John said it was ok. After the hike we were all pretty worn out so we played with neighbors and got our Redbox movie. It was a great family activity and we will go again. I did forget my camera but there is always next time. I am grateful for my friend for showing me a new activity that our family can do together.

2 comments:

Jill said...

That was something we never did when we lived out there. I regret not doing it. It sounds like you had a fun time.

Grace ~and~Shane said...

I loved hiking up South Mountain. It's a great view once you make it to the top. We have some great memories of hiking that with our dogs Elliott and Daisy. I miss Arizona!!