Sunday, January 26, 2014

A New Start

Much has happened since I last posted on this blog. I got a crazy idea to look at it today and I am sad I have not posted anything on it for 2 years. How could I have done that. I love memories! How could I neglect this precious gift that I will cherish forever.

The kids had so much fun seeing the old pictures. They laughed and made silly comments. I am now going to try and do better and post at least once a week. I know how precious life is and I know that before I know it my children will be grown. They can be stinky and difficult to deal with but I love them so much and love looking back at all the fun things we have done.

So here is my start.....We now live in Spokane Washington, have a new member in our family, Pamela, and all are a little bit older.

 Garrett is 16 years old and a junior in high school. He was so mad that we moved but has adjusted well. He still misses AZ so much but is keeping busy. He is still playing the trumpet in band. He does robotics and tech stuff for the theater group. He is always gone and being busy. He is trying to find a job and is planning to go on a trip to California for a band trip. Crazy to think he will be on a missing in a year and a half.
 Lance is 14 years old and a Freshman. He also was so mad that we were moving. He has adjusted better than we thought. He has a cell phone now and is always texting. He has a bunch of friends that he hangs out with. He is a big goof ball and loves to play around. He is a fun kid.
Caleb is 12 years old and in 7th grade. He really likes going to a middle school. He has made a lot of friends but doesn't typically do much outside of school with them. He loves the XBOX and plays whenever I will let him.
Jenna is 9 years old and in 3rd grade. She has also made a bunch of friends. She is doing great in school and is at the top of her class. She started playing guitar this years and recently started making rubberband loom bracelets. She is growing up really fast.
Briauna is 6 years old and in 1st grade. She is great. She is such a rule follower. She always wants to make good choices. She started wearing glasses for reading. She loves school and her teacher. She misses her old friends but has a bunch here.
Pamela is 4 months old. She is so fun. I wasn't sure what it was going to be like having a baby around again but I love it! She is so loved by everyone. She is starting to roll over and talks all the time. She started blowing bubbles and sticks her tongue out and spits. She love light up, singing toys. She loves to be held and is ticklish. We just love her so much.
John is working from home and it is great. He loves working with high school students and is so good at his job. He has a true talent working with people. He just finished his last class for his masters degree. His degree is industrial and organizational psychology. He basically will deal with companies and helping them work better in regard to people.
I am busy going to school online and being a mom. I am having a bit of a hard time with loneliness. I miss all my comforts with AZ. There is a lot I don't miss but it was my home for 37 years. I love the new friends I have met. They definitely made it easier being here. Washington is where we need to be and I look forward to the future and what it holds.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I AM SO HAPPY YOU'RE BLOGGING AGAIN! Let's help each other keep it going. I just had the same feelings about jump-starting my blog. We definitely will be happier that we have kept a record of all our good times for our children and ourselves in the future! Great job, Steph! I miss you!