Saturday, January 19, 2008

Doctors

Yesterday I took Braiuna to the GI doctor for a check up. She has reflux so they like to make sure she is doing ok. Anyway, she weighed 10lb 10oz and they were not super happy with her growth. She went down on the growth scale a little so now they want me to supplement my breast milk EVERYother feeding. So that means I need to pump then feed her. I am so frustrated. I don't normally like to complain especially on my blog but man I am so mad. I am not a big person and neither is John. If you look at all of my kids none of them are big. I think she is doing great and she is content and very happy. But because she is a little small they want me to make my life more complicated than it already is. I have 5 kids I don't have time to sit and pump everyother feeding and then sit and feed her. Everyone has told me to just do what I want but being a nurse I have been trained to listen to doctors and that they know what they are talking about. I don't want to listen but I have not quite decided yet.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Steph,
Seems to me like as long as she is hitting those milestones and thriving then what you are doing is good enough. Go with the gut on this one, you know your baby better then any Dr. I would ask John for a blessing and base your decision off of how you feel after that. Good luck!

Amie said...

whew....good luck!! that's rough