Monday, January 28, 2008

Random Facts

I have been tagged and I have to say this one has kinda stumped me. I will try my best. I think I am pretty boring but oh well here goes my 6 random facts.

1. I was REALLY shy as a kid. So shy I would not talk to a friend I had not seen all summer, call and order pizza, etc. It has only been in the last few years that I have been more outgoing. John has rubbed off on me a little bit. I still have times I want to revert back but have to mentally tell myself to go up and say hi to someone or meet someone new.

2. I play/played the violin. I started in 4th grade and played through my senior in high school. I still have my violin but don't make the time to play. It was something I really enjoyed but I chose to to be a nurse so my senior I had to quit so I could attend the nursing program full time.

3. I started going to nursing school in high school. My school distrist had a vocational school that I attended half day my junior and senior year for nursing. My second semester of my senior year I only attended the vocational school. It was hard and I gave up a lot of the fun senior year activities but I got my LPN after I graduated. Now I am so greatful. It greatly help when I went back and got my RN( it did not take as long).

4. I met John 2 weeks after I sent my boyfreind on a mission. I started going to young single adult activities to keep busy and I met John. I instantly liked him and wanted to get to know him more. My first thought was "What am I going to tell Richie(my boyfriend)." Two months later we got engaged and 3 1/2 months after that we were married.

5. I love the Anne of Green Gables movies. I first saw them when I was a young girl and instantly loved them. I got the VCR tapes for a Christmas and then when they came out on DVD I had to get them. John is even nice and will watch them with me when I am in a sappy mood.

6. I have worn glasses since 2nd grade. Not the cute ones of today but thick ones that made my eyes look huge. I was the ultimate nerd and had braces and head gear to complete package while in junior high. Thank goodness I got contacts at 14yrs and now have a hard time when I wear glasses. Having something on my face kind of drives me crazy.

Now I tag Rebecca, Jackie lee, Shawna
Have fun!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

come on... post some of those fun pictures of you and your violin, you in junior high (really gotta post a pic of that), shy young stephanie, you in your nursing uniform, you and john at the sadie hawkins dance. you are so not exciting... those pictures are cute. makes it way more fun :-P

Jackie Lee said...

You tagged me? I don't know if I'd have anything to say :) What are the rules?
jackie lee