Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Pinewood Derby

Pinewood Derby is such a man sport. I think it is fun to watch my boys get excited about it but that is about as fun as I think it is. Thank goodness for grandpa and dad. Grandpa enjoys making the cars with my boys. We looked online for different styles so they could pick what they wanted their cars to look like. Then we picked the color, Garrett was blue and Lance was green. Grandpa has been making cars for about 30 years. We are so grateful that he is so willing to help and the boys love how they turned out. This year with two participating I was somewhat worried if they had to race each other but luckily that did not happen. They both did great and get to go to district. With it being pack meeting as well Garrett got his Arrow of Light Award and crossed over to Boy Scouts. He even went on his first camp out. He can only go on 2 a year until he is 12yrs and John has to go with him. He had a lot of fun and cannot wait to go again.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I like reading about your scouting stuff. I know nothing about it and it gets me excited for Max to start.