Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Slide Rock

Yesterday we went to Sedona to go to Slide Rock. The last time I went was when I was 4 or 5 yrs old. Some friends of ours had gone last year and had a ton of fun so we wanted to go with them this year. I took just the boys, I did not think the girls would have fun. My mom watched the girls for me and I borrowed my sister's car to help save gas. The drive was an interesting one. First off I think the boys are getting a little tired of each other and are ready to go back to school. Lance and Caleb argued a lot and then there was a ton of construction. It took longer than we thought. When we got there we had to wait in line to park because the lot was full. Luckily it didn't take long. It was pretty full of people but we didn't care. It was a lot of fun and I didn't remember it at all. The water was freezing!! You do get used to it but oh my heck it was cold. The boys went everywhere and I didn't have to really watch them. Garrett told me he wanted to go jump off a cliff with Justine who is almost 16yrs old. I thought it was a small one like one I saw some other kids jumping off of so I said OK. I go to watch and about had a heart attack. The cliff was about as tall as my two story house, maybe taller. I yelled and tried to get his attention to stop him but next thing I knew he jumped. He of course thought it was great but that was the only time he did it. The boy is my dare devil. I think the jump rose my blood pressure and then I got a headache and got sick. It was about an hour until I finally got feeling better. Then the boys ran up telling me that Lance busted his lip. Thankfully a man was helping him to me with blood everywhere. He was fine and even got back in the water. We stayed about 3.5 hrs and had a lot of fun but were very tired. On our drive home the boys kept begging to stop and eat but I just wanted to get home. Then the undercarriage plastic cover of my sister's car broke. Well, the bolts broke and it was dragging. Luckily it was right by an off ramp with a gas station and a Wendy's. It took about an hour and a half for me to get the rest of the part off and the boys got fed. It was kinda sad that I was out there for about and hour lying on the ground under a car until a worker at the gas station finally came up to help me with the last part. My sweet Garrett then said, " Look mom Heavenly Father answered my prayer." I just love him. We got to my mom's house around 8pm, met John and picked up the girls. I was a fun day and I will do it again but with John next time. The boys loved it and can't wait to go again.

4 comments:

Shawna said...

It's been a couple of years since I have been to slide rock but we've always gone in the beginning of the year and so that water is literally a few degrees above freezing so I've never been brave enough to go down the slide.
Glad you returned home safe though even it if is with a busted lip, only half the bottom of the car and hungry boys. At least it was fun right?

Lorie said...

What a coincidence! I was trying to talk my Hubby into taking the kids up there today. I haven't been in forever and he reminded me how cold it was so we changed our plans.

I am glad you had a good time and sorry that you had such a hard time getting home!

Grace ~and~Shane said...

I remember the first time we went camping up there and was not able to go down Slide Rock because there was some parisite in the water. It looks like a fun time. Maybe sometime when we are there we could take a drive and do that it would be fun!! Of course we would want you to be there with us.

Amie said...

wow, what a trip...didja happen to find a gold ring there? Danny lost his wedding ring there back in 98, 3 months after we got married. =p