Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Phoenix Zoo

Monday I got to attend the zoo with Caleb's second grade class. I don't particularly like the zoo but he wanted me to go so I went. They have been studying animals in class and just finished reports on the animal that they picked. So the zoo was an appropriate field trip. Caleb picked monkeys so we had to go their first. They had to learn something new about their animal so they could write a few sentences when they got back to school. We had fun even thought it was VERY hot. We walked with a couple of other mom who I happen to be friends with and then we were in charge of a couple of other kids. It was fun to be with just Caleb and he even thanked me for going and said he had a lot of fun. If you don't know Caleb that is saying a lot. I am so glad I went even though it was like 100 degrees. Sometime I wonder why I live in Arizona.



My monkey
Our group of boys

The class

1 comment:

Amie said...

You got to see a lot of animals! One of my biggest pet peeves about zoos in AZ is that when it gets hot, the animals disappear...you got really lucky! great trip.