Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The First Diaper

Yesterday I went shopping and left Garrett home to babysit. Briauna was sleeping so I knew I had a few hours. On my way home I called to check and see how things were and this was the conversation:

Me: Garrett, how are things?
Garrett: Briauna is awake.
Me: How is she?
Garrett: Fine, I changed her diaper.
Me: How did you do?
Garrett: I didn't get poop on anything.
Me: Oh (laughing) that's good. Did anyone help you?
Garrett: No, the diaper is on.
Me: I guess you have seen me do it enough to know how.
Garrett: Yes I have and now that I can change a diaper you can start paying me when I babysit.

We told him when he can change a diaper we can let him babysit for longer periods and pay him on special occasions. I guess he felt it was a good time to try. I am so proud of him for not making her sit in a messy diaper until I got home since he has done it in the past. That was a tough way to learn to change a diaper.

No comments: